Contribute to Anti-Capitalist and Anti-Colonial Organizing:
Donate to Alliance Against Displacement!
Over the past six years we have been supporting and defending tent cities in Victoria, Vancouver, Maple Ridge, Nanaimo, and Surrey, organizing low-income tenants in Burnaby, building capacity and political agency among homeless residents of the Tri-Cities, organizing discussion and education classes, and recently begun building urban Indigenous consciousness through a new talking circle campaign. AAD sees these community campaigns as the social base for a new politics; alongside our organizing work we are developing a political vision of a unified anti-capitalist and anti-colonial politics based in the exercise of people’s power.
We currently have 25 members who regularly attend internal organizing meetings and support community campaigns. Our members include low-income, working class, racialized, Indigenous, trans and gender non-conforming people, as well as people living with disabilities. None of our members are paid for our organizing work; every penny donated goes directly into community survival, counter power campaigns, and Alliance Against Displacement events.
Sustaining monthly donations
We are calling on our supporters to consider sustaining monthly donations. Reoccurring monthly donations will go a long way in covering the costs of our campaigns and helping us build our organizing capacities. No amount is too small!
- Sustaining small donors: Monthly donations between $5-20 (or an amount that works for you)
- Sustaining contributors: Monthly donations of $100-200
Financial contributions can be made through:
- Cheque: Made out to Alliance Against Displacement, mailed to 10679 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3T 2X6
- E-transfer: Our bookkeeper will deposit your e-transfer. Please email Letizia Waddington at email@example.com
- Credit Cards or PayPal: Click donate button below. Note that these sources hold back 2.9% of your donation.
We are not a registered charity and cannot provide you with a tax receipt.
Any questions about donating? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having a conversation with you!