Contribute to Anti-Capitalist and Anti-Colonial Organizing:
Donate to Alliance Against Displacement!
Over the past six years we have been supporting and defending tent cities in Victoria, Vancouver, Maple Ridge, Nanaimo, and Surrey, organizing low-income tenants in Burnaby, building capacity and political agency among homeless residents of the Tri-Cities, organizing discussion and education classes, and recently begun building urban Indigenous consciousness through a new talking circle campaign. AAD sees these community campaigns as the social base for a new politics; alongside our organizing work we are developing a political vision of a unified anti-capitalist and anti-colonial politics based in the exercise of people’s power.
We currently have 25 members who regularly attend internal organizing meetings and support community campaigns. Our members include low-income, working class, racialized, Indigenous, trans and gender non-conforming people, as well as people living with disabilities. None of our members are paid for our organizing work; every penny donated goes directly into community survival, counter power campaigns, and Alliance Against Displacement events.
Financial contributions can be made through:
- Cheque: Made out to Alliance Against Displacement, mailed to 10679 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3T 2X6
- E-transfer: Our bookkeeper will deposit your e-transfer. Please email Letizia Waddington at email@example.com
- Credit Cards or PayPal: Click donate button below. Note that these sources hold back 2.9% of your donation.
Sustaining monthly donations
We are calling on our supporters to consider sustaining monthly donations. Reoccurring monthly donations will go a long way in covering the costs of our campaigns and helping us build our organizing capacities. No amount is too small!
- Sustaining small donors: Monthly donations between $5-20 (or an amount that works for you)
- Sustaining contributors: Monthly donations of $100-200
We are not a registered charity and cannot provide you with a tax receipt.
Any questions about donating? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having a conversation with you!